Watchet Town Council is committed to encouraging community development by financially supporting the many community groups that help to make a beneficial and positive difference to Watchet.
- The Grants budget is set annually, as part of the general budget-setting process.
- Subject to funds being available, applications will be invited throughout the year.
The applications will be considered by the Finance and General Purposes Committee at the appropriate meeting.
- Applicants will be required to complete an application form and return it to the Council Chambers.
- To get a copy of the ‘Grants and Donations Financial Policy and Application form’, please contact the office.
- All applicants will be contacted within three weeks of the Committee’s decision.
- If an applicant wishes to apply for a grant and it exceeds a financial donation of £100, they should contact the Town Clerk to arrange a financial presentation to the Committee.
- In this case the application will be considered in the meeting of the Finance and General Purposes Committee following the one in which the presentation is given. Applicants should therefore be aware that the process may take 2 – 3 months and take notice of dates of the Committee’s meetings.